“The World is a book
and those who do not travel
read only one page.”
- Saint Augustin -
A total immersion in the desert, a lasting days camel safari, in family, between friends, solo, with the beloved one… everything is possible. You want to discover the Atlantic Coast by the tracks of the fishermen or still leave for trekking in the Atlas and appreciate the Moroccan geological treasures. Maybe do you prefer cultural Morocco and to visit the imperial cities. We shall adapt your circuit according to your desires, your availability, or your physical condition.
Ideal period: from September till May
The camel safari is the traditional mode of transport of the nomads in the desert. From Marrakesh, after night in the riad Dar Zampa, you leave with 4x4 to join the doors of the desert where wait for you dromedaries and camel drivers. You travel landscapes where alternate regs rocky, hamadas rocky, dry and big spread of sands. Your dromedaries carry your affairs as well as the material of bivouac. At the end of the day, you help your guides camel drivers to settle the camp before the preparation of the meal. The silence and the wild nature surround you for night under stars.
Stages from 4 to 5 hours a day is approximately 20 km a day adapted to your rhythm.
Ideal at any age.
The ride 4x4 will allow you to travel vaster areas in a short time, to discover places where there is, at first sight, not living soul. That can alternate at night in bivouac, harms at the inhabitant's in hosts' house, according to the course. Another one approaches the desert, undoubtedly.
To give you an idea of circuit:
Initiation into the desert: circuit of 7 days with 3 nights in the desert (4x4 and dromedaries)
Day 1 : Reception at the airport of Marrakesh and transfer in the riad Dar Zampa for your first evening.
Day 2 : After a typically Moroccan breakfast, you will set off to Tichka with 4x4, to cross the High Atlas and join Zagora where you will spend at night in a riad at the heart of the palm grove.
Day 3 à 5 : The next days plunge you into another world and lead to forget you all your daily concerns. In front of you extends the Saharan vastness, punctuated with unexpected discoveries. A bird in courtship display, a track of fennec left in the sand, the preparation of the cooked bread on the ember, the tea of the nomads, a meeting around a well…
Day 6 : Having left your camel drivers' team in the morning, you will join Marrakesh and the riad Dar Zampa, but previously you will visit the village of Tamgroute, her potters, its subterranean kasbah and its Koranic library.
Day 7 : Departure of Morocco or prolongation of your stay …
A stay in the desert with music and pictures
La côte atlantique
A discovery by 4x4 of the Atlantic Coast since Essaouira up to the immense still protected Plage Blanche. This circuit of week or more proposes a walk along the Atlantic Coast by the tracks of the fishermen. For the amateurs of ornithology, the visit of the reserve of Souss-Massa is a key point of the circuit. The beach of Legzira and its arcs sculptured by waves offer an exceptional show to Sidi Ifni, and the amateurs of windsurfing will find what they are looking for. The ascent towards Marrakesh is made by Guelmim then the road of Tizi n’Test. Housing is made in comfortable hotels and in guest houses, adapted to your budget.
Ideal period: from April till September
La côte entre Essaouira et Agadir
L’arche de Legzira à Sidi Ifni
Ideal period: all year
• “Vallée des Roses” et Dades Valley
• Todra Gorges
• Aït Bougmes Valley and High Atlas
• The road of Tizin-n-test and the cities of the South : Taroudant, Tiznit, Tafraout, Taliouine…
• Ornithological: thanks to its diversity of ecosystems and its strategic position on the axis of the big migrations between Europe and Africa, Morocco list more than 450 species of birds, resident or passage. Some of them, as the bald Ibis, find there even their last sanctuary.
• Geologic: Morocco is one of the rare countries possessing numerous landscapes allowing an easy reading of its geologic heritage. Its current geographical situation confers her a major role in the understanding of the geological relations between Africa and Europe, between Africa and America.
• Imperial cities: the imperial cities of Morocco are the appointed cities as capital (âsima), in different period by various monarchs stemming from Moroccan dynasties. Among four, these cities are: Fes, based by the sultan idrisside Idris Ier in 789; Marrakesh, based by the sultan almoravide Youssef Ibn Tachfin in 1062; Rabat, based by the sultan almohade Abd al-Mumin in 1150, Meknes, based by the Alawi sultan Moulay Ismail in 1672, capital of Morocco from 1672 till 1727.
All the circuits, and the places of accommodations which we propose you were experienced and verified by our care.
Estimate on request, the price is a function of the number of person and of day
EXCURSIONS FOR A DAY
With departure from the riad Dar Zampa, all our excursions come true in one day, with 4x4 and chauffeur.
• The archeological site of Aghmat (10-14th centuries) and the grave of king exiled Al-Mouâtamid Ibn Abbad
• The Ourika valley and the Ecomusée Berbère
• The Kasbah of Oumnast and the Lake Lalla Takerkoust
• The Valley of Zat
• The falls of Ouzoud
• The natural bridge of Imi n’Ifri and the tracks of dinosaurs to Iwariden
• The Almohad mosque of Tinmel (11th century)
• The city of Essaouira (can go on in stay of more than a day)
3 - 4
Pain du desert
1 - 3
Vallée des Aït Bougmez
Vallée des Roses
Gorges du Todra
7 - 7
Site archéologique d’Aghmat
La Kasbah d’Oumnast
Les chutes d’Ouzoud
Le pont naturel d’Imi n’Ifri
La vallée du Zat
La mosquée almohade de Tinmel
Riad Dar Zampa 85 derb Iminzate, Zaouia Abbassia 40000 Marrakech email@example.com +212 (0)5 24 38 65 44 +212 (0) 66 188 05 81
© photo Isabelle, Michel, Robert Six & Béatrice Bonnaire.